Some of these trends are quite alarming. Internet browsers are initiating ITPs that will effectively kill the 3rd party cookie, a long time crutch for the ad tech industry. Also, federal and state regulations like GDPR and CCPA are forcing publishers to invest in costly operational changes. On the other hand, there are some very promising trends on the horizon. Contextual technology has advanced encouragingly and ID solutions are popping up to fill the void that 3rd party cookies have left behind.
What Can We Do About Privacy in 2020?
We did the research and put together a complete breakdown on every aspect of the the coming changes to the industry and how they will effect publishers, especially when it comes to video. If you want to learn everything publishers need to know about privacy in 2020 and beyond, then download the guide here.
In 2021, we predict it’s still going to be a bit of a mess with a patchwork of laws and regulations. By 2025, we believe regulators, consumers, and the industry must settle on an acceptable global framework to protect privacy and industry.
In this white paper, you will gain insights into the future of:
- Privacy regulations like GDPR, CCPA and others that are yet to come.
- The most influential and growing ID solutions.
- How publishers will mitigate the effects of the phasing out of 3rd party cookies.
- Contextual content and advertising, the publisher's secret weapon.
- And other recent privacy trends that will evolve over the coming decade.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to best prepare your ad ops strategy for these impending shifts, then download our comprehensive guide here.